As one of Canada's fastest growing companies of 2020, we are adding to our team...again! Join us as we continue our growth!
We're creating an alternative, locally-based, food system in Toronto. We partner with local organic farms and like-minded local businesses and artisans, and deliver local, organic, small-scale grown or produced food that tastes really good. We deliver directly to our member's homes, throughout the GTA (and beyond), on a weekly basis from our 30,000 sq. ft headquarters located in East Toronto. We are a fast growing company working to realize some exciting and ambitious plans in the coming few years. We’re a progressive organization focused on the overall happiness, health and balance/mindfulness of our 150+ staff.
Since 2017, Mama Earth Organics has been a certified B Corporation - a community of companies using business as a force for good. B Corps work toward reduced inequality, lower levels of poverty, a healthier environment, stronger communities, and the creation of more high quality jobs with dignity and purpose. By harnessing the power of business, B Corps use profits and growth as a means to a greater end: positive impact for their employees, communities, and the environment.
The Role and Responsibilities
As an Organic Food Packer, your key duties and responsibilities are:
- Work as a member of our packing team, to pack customer orders at our warehouse. Our customers LOVE receiving beautiful, fresh, organic, local produce and other great organic food- and you are part of the team that makes this happen!
- Ensure all produce orders are fulfilled, nothing is missed, and follow instructions for products that might be out of stock, or substituted, depending on quality and inventory.
- Pay specific attention to produce quality, ensuring that we are only sending our customers the highest quality, freshest items available- no nicks, brown leaves, bruises, or anything else you wouldn't want to receive yourself!
- Work as a team to accurately pack customer orders on time, with care and an eye for detail- making their organic food delivery dreams come true!
- Prepare and/or weigh produce to ensure the freshest is being sent out.
- Work in a warehouse environment; we have large walk-in coolers, so being comfortable working in a chilly environment, continuously on a daily basis, is really important.
- Report any shortages, poor quality, etc.
- Work with other warehouse team members as one large team to get the day's work done, taking initiative and being willing to assist others as necessary, rolling up your sleeves to get the job done!
Qualifications & Requirements
- Ability to meet the shift requirements (early morning starts) on a permanent basis.
- Experience working with produce is an asset
- Ability to make quick quality decisions and a keen eye for detail!
- Experience in a warehouse setting and/or within the grocery industry would be terrific!
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs comfortably, and be on your feet throughout the day.
- Ability to work comfortably in a cool environment all day, as well as time in fridges.
- Ability to be punctual, and reliable.
- Team spirit and willingness to work together.
- Enthusiasm, energy, and a positive attitude!
- $16.00 per hour starting wage.
- Discount on baskets and other items.
- Extended health care benefits are available for those who qualify.
- Mondays-Sundays: 7:00am-4:00pm (ish) (Hours may differ during training period)
- We operate 7 days a week, you would work 5 days per week (and schedule will include weekends)
We offer our customers a huge array of fresh, packaged and prepared foods-the learning curve is a big one, so we have a pretty intensive training for our packers! You must be available for full-time training (M-F) for the first three weeks of employment.
How To Apply:
Please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We kindly ask that you apply to us via email only, please no phone calls. Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line (and brownie points to those who send their cover letter and resume in one PDF file!)
We thank everyone for their expression of interest—and are truly appreciative of the time individuals put into applying—but with the limitations of time only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities.